Saturday, December 9, 2006

What I do.

About a year ago, I spent a couple weeks having a dialogue with someone from Human Subjects. It seems the Internal Review Board thought I was discriminating against people that were not Christian by conducting a study on proselytism with the focus being on Christianity. I was baffled. They wanted me to outline the purpose of the study before having them read the stimulus and complete the measures. This is clearly going to fuck the whole thing up. The dialogue continued like I said for a couple weeks. The resolution: including only the phrase "sensitive social issues" in the consent form. Easy enough, but of course, it took a long time to get there.

It took nearly no time to get the stimulus for this model approved:


Same for this one:


Hell, my first study was secretly titled It's hard for you to tell me what to do with my dick in your mouth. We collected and analyzed data in a single semester.

How long do you suppose it will take to get the appropriate stimulus for this model approved?

No comments: