Monday, January 29, 2007

The Shawshank of beers

Guinness is the Shawshank Redemption of beers.

Everyone agrees that Shawshank is an incredible movie, but rarely do people seem to name it as their fave or perhaps even in the top five. And only the fucking dumb can argue that Guinness is not a good beer.

Moreover, whenever SR is on, I have to watch it. Doesn't matter what else I'm watching. If it's on, I have to watch it. However, this isn't entirely true for the black stuff, however, I will drink it warm or cold or flat or bubbly or canned or bottled or keg'd.

Finally... well... I know how they both end. Andy got busy living, and I get busy farting. I can't be the only person that suffers from the Guinness farts. [google: guinness fart] But it's seriously debilitating. I have to light candles and open windows; I have to avoid social situations; I have to turn the volume up on my headphones because of my obnoxious bowel rumblings.

So please, take pity on those that drink that which makes us strong.

No comments: